Friday, February 23, 2007

Welcome to Kinshasa!


I was happy to see some familiar faces and finally deliver the airplane after this marathon trip. I was even more happy when I finally arrived in Paris and was able to take a shower while waiting for my connecting flight to Los Angeles. While sipping some fine champagne while our Air France A340 taxied out, I asked Steve if landing with only fumes in the tanks and barely enough hydraulic fluid to stop, made him nervous. He said the only thing that caused him concern during the entire trip was "when the rat jumped out of the hole in the wall of the immigration office, ran around the room and then climbed a bookshelf and jumped into another hole in the ceiling". I had also watched the giant rodent, but had written off the whole scene to a hallucination... due to lack of sleep of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home